This tab provides details for purchases made with various procurement cards, including Event Planner, Procurement, and Travel Study cards. These transactions have 15 days from their staging date to be cleared in BFS. Use this tab to track the transactions that need to be cleared and the ones that have been cleared. This report is useful for financial services, business services, and procurement professionals who use procurement cards to make purchases.
Report Lives in Procure to Pay Subject Area: The Procurement Card report is in the Procure to Pay Spend dashboard instead of in a Finance dashboard. This is because procurement data is stored in the procurement subject area of Cal Answers. You can see in the Spend dashboard in the Procure-to-Pay area that there is already a Blucard tab. We are building the "Procurement Card" report in the same dashboard to keep the BluCard data in one place.
Global Access: Since this report lives in the Procure to Pay subject area, access is truly global. All staff and faculty have access to this area and this report by default without the need to request additional access. This is different from the Cal Answers Finance dashboards, which operate under Global Financial Access. This means access to the data is global once the user has been approved for Finance access, but users without Finance access do not have access to the Finance dashboards.
User Experience Tips
- You can type the Staging Date, Clear Date, and Last Update Date as '3/1/18' or '03/01/2018', but not '2018/03/31'.
- If you want all transactions up to a certain date, you can leave the first box blank and enter the date in the second box for the Staging Date, Clear Date, or Last Update Date prompts. If you want all transactions from a certain date forward, you can enter the date in the first box and leave the second box blank.
- The Transaction Number truncates if you export to CSV. Export to Excel 2007+, or if you want to use CSV, import it as Text by following this screen-recording or written-instruction tutorial done in Excel 2016. This is not an issue with Cal Answers; Excel automatically truncates any number string greater than 12 characters.
- When excluding a specific CF1 or CF2 value in the Chartfield 1 or Chartfield 2 prompt by indicating "is not equal to", blank CF1s or CF2s will also be excluded. As a workaround, you can export to CSV and use Excel functionality to exclude the CF1 or CF2.
- You can search for only one Card Number at a time because this is a text box prompt. With dropdown prompts, which have a dropdown menu, you can search multiple values separated by a semi-colon. This is a text box prompt and not a dropdown prompt because there are endless card numbers such that loading them all in a dropdown significantly impacts performance.
Text box prompt:
- The vendor's Invoice ID is in the Item Description column by default from BFS, unless it was overwritten with another description in BFS at the time of clearing. The vendor's Invoice ID shows up only in this column. If you do not see it here, it means the Invoice ID did not exist or was overwritten.
- You may notice some variances between Cal Answers and BAIRS, where Cal Answers has a certain transaction that BAIRS doesn't have, or both have the transaction but with different amounts. For the transactions where the Status is Verified, Approved, or Closed, check the Financial Management Reporting dashboard's Transactions tab or General Ledger Reporting dashboard's General Ledger Detail tab to see what actually posted to Actuals Amount. This will tell you if Cal Answers is correct or if BAIRS is correct. If BAIRS is correct, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that the project team knows there is a data issue. Transactions where the Status is Staged have not posted to Actuals Amount yet because they are still waiting to be verified before they actually post.
- Data goes back to FY10-11.
The only required prompt, as denoted by an asterisk '*', is the Staging Date, which defaults to the current date going back 15 days. The results that load by default are the transactions whose staging dates are within this default range, denoting these are the latest transactions that need to be cleared.