- Use case fit-gap analysis
- Identify types of data we need to account for and how they fit into this model
- Identify existing data sources and whether/how to migrate them
- Clarify proposed data model
- Identify project risks
- Major categories
- Support/Self-help documentation
- Decision-making criteria
- Use cases and opinions (will this work in my context; have others, like me, used this)
- Comparing options (what other options should I compare this to)
- Anything missing
- Proposed: for DOCS or RSSP, a central place to document bugs and publicize workarounds they have found
- Proposed: for service provider, a central place to get input and feedback from customers
- Proposed: for IST. a place to direct people to the service catalog and procurement
- "Soutions"--a product or support
- Awareness of available solutions/seeing what the options are
- tele.berkeley.edu--lots of information there
- Need to discuss how we get to "nodes" in the TSR (homepage, marketing, how do we help people get to the right place, overviews of options in a category, not a service for these reasons ("not implemented because"), (from Ian: Forums??))
- Where do we document lessons learned
- Ongoing projects related to services
- Is a system is down?
- What comes out of IST website? Do we replace the whole thing, or how do we select what comes out of IST website into TSR?
- What do service providers want/need from this tool?
- Use to set expectations for customers
- Damage control--respond to concerns
- Maintenance announcements
- Desires for future services/wish list/feedback
- Voting for enhancements
- Project communication? Long term? "Swiss army knife?"
- What does the service catalog want/need from this tool?
- Direct people to the right place to buy, and vice versa
- SLAs, etc.
- Who's using the service already?
- What are people using this for?
- What users are looking for, how users will be affected, what they will experience, what training features do they need, continual feedback?
Types of Data
- What types of data already exist?
- Service specific data
- How to select the right options
- Good example: Web hosting and VMs--decision support tool (IST site web hosting matrix)
- For each technology might a different solutions
- "Here's what I want" --> "Here's a good potential solution"
- TAM questionnaires--presalses to help guide people to the right solution
- PRESALES DECISION SUPPORT INFORMATION
- Question after reading all the information--need help/info/a little training. Making sure that the service desk folks have the proper training so that the service desks can really help?
- Training materials? Keep in simple form? Where exactly do I find this?
- Sometimes the fastest way to get info is X?
- Capture how to get things done? PROCESS DOCUMENTATION
- When do I go to TAM vs. Service Desk vs. guy down the hall? HOW DO I GET THIS DONE?
- Decision support at higher level? How do I get this process done most efficiently?
- Is a forum maybe the best option?
- Marketing tool? Branding IST stuff?
Sources of Information for TSR & Migration
- IST web site(s)
- Knowledge Base
- Individual web sites?
- Can these all migrate?
- Shopping cart (also on tele.berkeley.edu website--huge website there) (Will merge with shopping cart, service catalog into sciquest service catalog)
- Wiki has been internal service provider only
Viewable without CalNet ID?
Recommendation is publicly visible
Selling to other UCs: shib, other authentication to other UCs is important.
- Clarify the meaning of "required" and "optional" – for IST only
- For branding, should any of the optional item be required if they exist? last meeting
- Future possibility (administrative processes would need to be developed): For branding, several folks have raised the idea of linking this to SOA Governance – do we want a "good-housekeeping" seal for items that have passed certain requirements
- Telephony: Identify alternate fields that might apply to B2C services; use cases for consumers
- Service Providers: use cases for service providers; how do the data types need to reference each other
- Service Catalog: use cases for the catalog and IST; how do we best source data that needs to appear in more than one place?
- Knowledge Base: Identify risks of posting knowledge base data in TSR and allowing other users to add to it.
- All: Muse on how we prevent the data in the TSR from becoming stale. (Preparation for next week's discussion.)