The page describes and documents the Box.com Pilot at UC Berkeley. For information about Box product itself, go to the Box Product HomePage.
Description and Purpose
- This pilot will test features of Box cloud storage offering for general Campus release.
- The pilot will include few hundred early adopters from the general Campus population.
- The purpose of the pilot will review, evaluate and analyze functionality, reliability and performance of Box
Criteria for Pilot
- Units selected for Pilot must have their own dedicated IT support personnel.
- IT environment must include multiple computing platforms and mobile devices.
- Units must have a variety of users which includes faculty, staff and students.
- Units must actively participate in surveys and questionnaires to evaluate the product and provide constructive feedback.
- Staff, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students and visiting scholars/post docs
- Currently enrolled in the pilot program includes:
- Boalt School of Law (18)
- Haas School of Business (9)
- Recreational Sports Department (19)
- School of Information (5)
- Cal Performances (5)
- College of Chemistry Research Group (24)
- College of Chemistry IT unit (6)
- Alumni Association (8)
- Department of Economics (114)
- Letters & Science Computing Resources (13)
- IST Technical and Administrative Staff
Timeline and Status
- Receiving tech support inquiry from IT leads in the departments participating in the program.
Joining the Pilot
- Currently, we have over 300 users for the pilot and we are not longer soliciting for more participants. In the event that the pilot test period has to be extended, we will put out a call for more volunteers to be involved.
- IT Leads Survey Jan 27, 2012  : | Survey Results
From UC Berkeley
- UC Berkeley Enterprise Login Page
- Pilot Instructions and Tasks
- Berkeley Box.com Service
- Email other UCB Box Pilot Users