IST-Research and Content Technologies Wiki
Research and Content Technologies provides stewardship of both academic and administrative data, as well as tools for data presentation, visualization, analysis, and collaboration. Data Services helps prepare the campus for the convergence of IST, Library, ETS, and appropriate external providers. Our Units include:
An Org-chart is shown at the bottom of this page.
DEPARTMENT: IST Research and Content Technologies - FY11 Goals
The following represents a core set of themes, principles and goals for IST, Research and Content Technologies and the units within Research and Content Technologies.
DEPARTMENT: IST Research and Content Technologies - FY11 Accomplishments
Accomplishments for FY 11
UNIT: Data Repository Management (DRM)
Programs and Projects
UNIT: Services Architecture and Development
- CollectionSpace is a collaboration that brings together a variety of cultural and academic institutions with the common goal of developing and deploying an open-source, web-based software application for the description, management, and dissemination of museum collections information. Visit the project wiki or the community site.
- Project Bamboo is a multi-institutional, interdisciplinary, and inter-organizational effort that brings together researchers in arts and humanities, computer scientists, information scientists, librarians, and campus information technologists to tackle the question:How can we advance arts and humanities research through the development of shared technology services? Visit the project website.
- The Delphi project provides a framework of semantic tools and community annotation for museum collections. The open-source toolkit includes linguistic analysis tools and services to produce an easy-to-use faceted browsing UI that makes it simple and fun to explore and understand museum collections. Visit the project website, the deployments wiki, or see it in action on the PAHMA deployment.
- Berkeley Prosopography Services (BPS) is an open-source prosopographical toolkit that generates interactive visualizations of the biological and social connections that link documented individuals, providing a dynamic and heuristic tool for researching historical communities documented in legal and administrative archives. Visit the project site.
Key accomplishments Sept 2008 - Sept 2009
Key accomplishments Sept 2009 - Sept 2010
Key accomplishments Sept 2010 - Sept 2011
UNIT: Enterprise Data Warehouse & Database Services
Data Services Staff
- DS Staff (all-staff meetings and other content for staff in Data Services)