Why can’t I open an attachment?
If a file that has a .TIFF extension won’t open by double clicking on it, the problem may be the lack of an appropriate associated application. To fix this problem, do the following.
Through WINDOWS EXPLORER change the program that opens a type of file.
If you double-click a file in Windows and it opens in the wrong software program, follow these steps to choose the program you would prefer to use. You can change this setting for an individual file, or you change this setting so Windows opens all files of the same type in the software program you choose.
- Open the folder that contains the file you want to change.
- Right-click the file you want to change and then, depending on the type of file, either click Open with or point to Open with and then click Choose default program.
- Click the program you want to use to open the file.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want all files of that type to open in the same software program, select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.
- If you want only that file to open in the software program this one time, clear the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.
Through CONTROL PANEL fine tune the Default Programs based on the file type.
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs/Default Programs
- Click on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program option
- Click the tiff extension to view the program that currently opens these types of files.
- Click on Change program to to change the default program.
How do I open a .txt document while logged into the Client?
Some Imagine users, e.g. vendors, submit their electronic documents in a .txt format; i.e. only text is included, no logos or drawings are displayed.
To open a .txt document:
1. In Perceptive Content Explorer, run a search to return the document you want to open.
2. Once open, go to the Thumbnails pane and click on the desired page or document.
3. The Client will display the document and its content.
How do I open a .txt document if using BFS?
Some Imagine users, e.g. vendors such as Fisher Scientific, submit their electronic invoice documents in a .txt format; i.e. only text is included in the actual invoice documents, no logos or drawings are displayed.
To open a .txt invoice document:
1. Click on the View Image button on BFS
2. Click on each security warning dialog box appropriately
3. Once the WebNow screen containing the invoice opens, and if WebNow has not displayed the actual document, go to the WebNow menu: View / Toolbars and choose the Navigate option to see the page navigation buttons in the lower left corner as seen in the screen shot below:
4. Click on the right arrow to go to Page 2.
5. Once you are on Page 2 you might see the message "Unable to view file type: TXT”.
6. If this is the case, click on the link: “Click here to view in your web browser”
7. This will open up a separate window or tab for the actual document.
How do I open a Word document in WebNow?
When opening a document in WebNow, the viewer window shows the error:
“Unable to view file type: <extension>”
To open a Word document:
1. Once the WebNow screen containing the document opens up you will see the message "Unable to view file type: docx”.
2. Go to File / Launch Associated Application.
This will open up a separate window or tab for the actual document.
By default, WebNow is able to natively view documents with the following extensions:
Note: For viewing a document in WebNow with an extension not listed above, use the Launch Associated Application option.