Perceptive Content can store microfiche files once they are converted to an electronic document format. Here’s an overview of the process.
- Microfiche files need to be scanned at a very high resolution; electronic documents will be the primary outcome of this process
- The electronic documents should be indexed, probably using OCR
- Perceptive Content will import the documents and the index data
There are a few considerations to take into account
- Scanning microfiche is a specialized activity and should be done by an outside vendor. The Imagine team has a couple of vendors who work with campus in this area (). This will be the most cost effective way to approach the work.
- The vendor would also do the OCR and indexing - manual indexing is NOT recommended
- The vendor would provide the electronic files and the Imagine team would work with you to identify the index values; then, the team would import the documents and build any workflow needed.