This site adheres to the Privacy Statement for University of California, Berkeley Websites.
Conditions of Use
Users of this website must adhere to the overarching Computer Use Policy and the University of Calif Electronic Communications Policy (ECP), III.D. “Allowable Uses” of the University of California.
In addition, by using or contributing to the Tech Commons, you are consenting to these rules:
- You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish on to the Tech Commons any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material; this includes references to product vendors.
- Be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam." As a general rule, if you would not say it in a face-to-face meeting with your supervisor or peers, do not say it on the Tech Commons.
- Use respectful language. Like any community, the online conversation flourishes only when our members feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Service.
- Debate, but don't attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people always disagree. The Tech Commons encourages active discussions and welcomes debate around any listed product, but personal attacks are a direct violation of these Conditions of Use and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Tech Commons.
- If you see data that breaks the spirit of these rules, you shall flag it as inappropriate. Flagging data as inappropriate will not automatically ban a user from the site, but will alert a site administrator to review the identified data. If the administrator deems the data inappropriate, the Tech Commons moderation protocols will be followed.
- In accordance with our moderation protocol, it will be the sole discretion of the Tech Commons' administrators to determine inappropriate postings. the Tech Commons reserves the right to remove postings containing inappropriate material and/or warn, suspend or ban violators of this policy.
Finally, it is recommended that campus provider's who list products in the Tech Commons commit to the following:
- Maintain up-to-date data regarding one's product.
- When notified of changes to one's product page, review changes and modify any errant data.
- Regularly monitor reviews on one's product site(s) and respond to customer issues.
Content flagged as inappropriate by the community will be forwarded to the Tech Commons administrators. If an administrator deems the content inappropriate for any reason listed in the Conditions of Use, s/he will remove it. The administrator will then issue a written warning to the user who contributed the offensive content noting the breach of policy and that further violations of the Conditions of Use will result in a notification to the user's supervisor. Upon second violation, an administrator will issue a written warning to both the user and his/her supervisor; further s/he will communicate that additional violations will result in being banned from the site. Upon third violation, the user will be banned from the site and his/her supervisor will be informed.