Wikihub has been upgraded. Please send an email to email@example.com if you experience any issues.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- We will use an agile process where we will develop a limited set of working functionality in one-week sprints
- The steering committee will make final decisions around functionality
- We will document specific functionality with user stories
- Rich and Kathleen will drive the UI decisions but bring decisions to the steering committee for ratification
- We will get functionality working before we approach user interface issues
- We will document tasks in JIRA: https://beartracks.berkeley.edu/browse/UCTSR
- We will document other project information in Confluence: https://wikihub.berkeley.edu/display/istds/UCB+Tools+and+Services+Registry
- Project Management: Rich Meyer
- Development Lead: Brian Lead
- Presentation and UI Lead: Kathleen Lu
Jira Ticket submission
- Proposal: After each steering committee, the development team will discuss and identify the critical tasks for the upcoming week.
- Development tasks will be assigned to Brian Wood who will reassign, combine or separate tasks as needed
- Operations, Policy, Community engagement, and Procurement issues will be assigned to Yu-Tin
- Adding context, user story(ies) and screen shots are strongly encouraged to elucidate assigned tasks
- A current week's tasks will have Priority set to "critical", otherwise set priority to "major"
- Before adding code, get approval from project manager as we are trying to minimize code writing
- If a strategy or approach raises concerns, contact the relevant parties for discussion
- Adding a comment can be done from within JIRA or by replying to the JIRA email notification
- If replying to a JIRA email, do not quote the text of the initial email
- Updates and comments will be automatically emailed to JIRA Leads and will be designated in the notification email with a prefix of "Updated"
- Leads are expected to be watching for these emails and provide quick responses.
- If a response is needed and has yet to be received, contacting the person directly is expected.
- Task completion by an assignee will be noted by changing Status to "implemented"
- Task postponement by an assignee will be noted by changing Resolve Issue to "won't fix" with a comment and/or a link to dependent issues
- When a task is signed off by project manager, Resolve By will be set to "resolved" and then "closed"
- When a task is not signed of by project manager, *Resolve By" will be set to "reopen issue"