When: Thursday, August 13th from noon - 1pm
Where: 200C Warren Hall, 2195 Hearst St (see building access instructions on parent page).
Event format: The reading group is a brown bag lunch (bring your own) with a short <20 min talk followed by ~40 min group discussion.
- Aaron Culich, Research Computing Architect for Research IT
Aaron will lead a discussion about Cloud Computing Support which offers consulting assistance, documentation, and tools to help faculty and other campus researchers obtain access to and effectively use cloud computing resources from commercial cloud providers (such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft), as well as national centers (such as XSEDE or NERSC).
This campus service is part of the Berkeley Research Computing (BRC) program sponsored by the CIO, the Vice Chancellor for Research, and the Chancellor.
- Determine if the cloud is a good fit for your computational requirements.
- Plan for and manage costs of cloud computing.
- Gain access to cloud computing resources, both for research and research-related instruction.
⇒ We welcome your feedback on this draft of the BRC Domain Consultant job description.
⇒ Examples of BRC consulting to support research:
- BRC Consulting helps to facilitate Connected Corridors in the Cloud
- Cloud-based Simulation to Optimize Study Design and Analysis for Health Impacts
⇒ Examples of BRC consulting to support instruction: