Navigation:
Documentation
Archive



Page Tree:

This wiki space contains archival documentation of Project Bamboo, April 2008 - March 2013.

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Action Item

Proposed

Needed By

Assignees Needed

Assignee(s)

Harvest stories from WS1 and WS2 4/6 presentations

11/26/08

12/10/08

1-2

Phillip Thurtle

Harvest stories from WS1 materials

11/26/08

12/10/08

1-2

Arno Bosse

Create space in wiki to catalog metadata vocabulary. Include "fields of study" to be used as metadata for stories. Start with those fields laid out in the Mellon proposal

11/26/08

12/5/08

1

 

Provide example stories for contributors. Start with the vision included in the Mellon Proposal and the story submitted by Lisa.

11/26/08

12/10/08

1-2

Jim Muehlenberg, ?

Describe use of Confluence for linking stories

11/26/08

12/5/08

1

Duffy Gillman

Create a functional description of an "ideal" tool for maintaining the "linking" between stories and between stories and work by individual Bamboo groups

11/26/08

12/10/08

>2

Duffy Gillman, Ana Boa-Ventura, ?,...

Develop prototype of better "linking" tool (demonstrator? paper prototype? functioning prototype?)

11/26/08

1/7/08

2-3

Ana Boa-Ventura, ?, ?

Work as liaison with another WG (Services, Tools, Standards, Institutional Support, Social Networking) to determine what metadata needs that group may have. Coordinate with the other liaisons to develop proposed revisions/augmentation of the story template.

11/26/08

12/10/08

5 (indicate group)

Arno Bosse (Social Networking), Jim Muehlenberg (Shared Services, Institutional Support)

Contribute story from your own institution

11/26/08

12/10/08

all

 

Completed

Action Item

Proposed

Needed By

Assignees Needed

Assignee(s)

Rework zzzNarrative Template to include feedback from 11/26 meeting

11/26/08

12/1/08

1

Zoe Borovsky

Compose email to entire Bamboo list asking for story collection/contribution. Please post message to stories group for review before sending

11/26/08

12/5/08

1

Jim Muehlenberg

Add documentation to the wiki aimed at story collectors. Include instructions for using the Story Template and guidelines for quality contributions

11/26/08

12/5/08

1

 

Rework Goals bullet point #1 to include feedback from 11/26 meeting

11/26/08

12/1/08

1

Duffy Gillman

  • No labels

4 Comments

  1. Unknown User (anaventura@mail.utexas.edu)

    Hello,

    I will contribute with a story from my institution, and would also like to work on developing a better linking tool. I cannot go as far as commit to go all the way to a functioning prototype (time constraints...) but can setup the story about my institution in a way that may help contualize what that tool might look like. In any case, I'd gladly sign up to work on the linking tool hopefully with others.

    Thank you,

    Ana

  2. Unknown User (abosse@uchicago.edu)

    Hi everyone - I'm sorry I wasn't in the end able to take part in the conference call. I looked over the material in advance and all looked good to me. I'll volunteer to harvest stories (such as they are) from the notes to the WS1 sessions. I can also liaison to the social networking working group unless someone else would like to do this.

  3. Unknown User (zoe@ats.ucla.edu)

    Using Duffy's notes, I've already completed my assignment: a reworking of the Story Template.  Please give it a look-over.  I'm happy to adjust/rework it with feedback.

  4. Unknown User (phillip t)

    Hello there,

    I apologize for missing the conference call but am still very interested in participating in the stories group. I am interested in gathering 4/6 presentation stories from Workshop 1 in Berkeley. I am also involved in identifying stories from my campus (UW). Also, I'm especially interested in stories having to do with publication, performance, and presentation.