This wiki space contains archival documentation of Project Bamboo, April 2008 - March 2013.
1) demonstrate progress on REST integration with CDL repository
2) demonstrate scholar vetted (2011 focus group results) file management and collaboration capabiltiies of Alfresco ECM
3) demonstrate interesting possibilities for future (Aflresco Roadmap)
Right now pretty generic. We could localize for a particular scholar. Scholar accesses primary source materials (Herodotus Histories), organizes and marks materials, saves original research data to CDL Merritt repository, and publishes a paper referencing data (annotated documents).
1. Scholar locates primary source materials (Herodotus Histories from Perseus) and bookmarks content (Zotero and HubZero).
2. Scholar puts primary source materials into ECM Work Space (using open standards: CMIS and WebDAV)
3. Scholar reviews, tags, marks up, track versions, organize into folders and shares content with colleagues (native ECM workspace tools for file management and collaboration)
4. Scholar accesses resources from iPad and use annotation tool (Mobile applications)
5. Scholar saves data to CDL Merritt repository, shares with Facebook and Twitter,(REST services and Alfresco ECM social publishing framework)
6. Scholar publishes article and cites data with confidence using DataCite DOI standard (DataCite)
General overview of interesting functionality on Alfresco roadmap