This page is no longer being maintained. Please see Terroir - Tools for further updates to this list.
Note that not all the tools listed in these directories are structured as web-services or even web-based. But since such a resource list will probably be of interest in other, broader contexts as well we've opted to include as many as possible.
- DiRT - A wiki with information about tools and resources that can help scholars (particularly in the humanities and social sciences) conduct research more efficiently or creatively.
- WikiTADA - Text Analysis Developers Alliance - The Text Analysis Developers Alliance is an international group of designers and developers of text analysis tools. The mission of TADA is to encourage collaboration among researchers and to provide useful resources to developers and users.
- KDNuggets Directory of Text Analysis Tools - An older directory of mainly text analysis, text mining, and IR software. Also useful for its links to visualization software.
- Intute Directory of Web Tools for Higher-Ed (Arts & Humanities) - An online service with access to Web resources for education and research, selected and evaluated by a network of subject specialists. Over 21,000 Web resources available via keyword search and subject browsing.
- Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS) - The AHDS collects, preserves and promotes electronic resources in the arts and humanities (UK based).
- Digital Arts & Humanities - A UK-based community website about information and communication technology in arts and humanities research and teaching
- George Mason Tools Center Wiki - A collaborative resource to connect builders and users of digital tools.
- Semantic Web Tools Directory - a comprehensive collection of tools and applications for the Semantic Web.
- NINCH - An international database of digital humanities projects