Scheduled DB Maintenance: January 21st - 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Confluence will be unavailable during this time.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Tom Barton
- Jose Sacaven
- Gavan McCharthy
- Judith Pearce
- Sue Mether
- Katie Hayne
- Ruth Tringham
- Eric Kansa
- Katherine Kott
- Marje Schuetze-Coburn
- Xavier Llora
- Loretta Auvil
Introductions going around the table
- Preservation != sustainability
Two questions proposed
- Judith, Business framework. Services and how the workflow fit on
- Ruth, Marketability is also part of the business framework (not just the services or the tools)
- Judith: What are the things that need to be advocate to sell the framework (question going down the list)
- Katie, Services may not be the overarching, Ruth said solutions instead
- Tail end not, it should be what needs to be upfront
- Catherine, sometimes business and services interchange
- Ruth "services" problematic because something implies somebody is there. We may want to get away from that
- Loretta, should we get away from people get into computer services (sharing and reusability)
- Eric, value comes from service plus client. Services framework should be something like that?
- Eric, should we focus on collaboration of services, and focus around the exchange of information
- Ruth, Are there ideas of consortiums or model?
Directions and interests
- Katherine, organization and sustainability
- Ruth, sustainability of content. Still not clear where that would be
- Ruth, standard for sustainability of images, museums, archeology (is that in 5?)
- Katherine, is there an organization to sustain/revise those standards
- Judith, how?
- Tom, advisory, guideline, what is the process?
- Ruth a consortium like this would be really valuable
- Marje, sustainability of a consortium
- Jose, where is disemination and reusability of the experiences, do not want to duplicate the effort
- Tom (summarizing the not reinventing the wheele) Where is that?
- 7 Marje (is that social networks?)
- Ruth, working groups needs to clearly have that in their process
- Judith, not really social, need to be more of registry. Tom, the craigslist may be going to that direction
- Tom, should that be on the SN group
- Judith, sustainability, strategy, etc, is a big element when going over the international barrier
- Ruth, how we get advocates of the digital world working?
- Eric, funding agencies and sharable funding proposals that helps create a better picture
- Eric, this also ties to sustainability, and how you guarantee the moving forward
- Tom summarizes it as "policy"
- Xavier, what are the mechanisms of working groups to create and disappear
- Judith, what will happen after bamboo, how institutions will be able to integrate
- Marje, collaboration and emergence
- Eric other fields have the need of sharing (such physics and the investments)
- Tom, how long the catalitic periode should last?
- Katherine, Marje 5-10 years, Gavan 21, Jose depends if bamboo stands as individual standards,
- Ruth not start from scratch, Eric never
- Xavier, how you measure success?