Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Service frameworks
- Social networks
Potluck service frameworks
- Has been done already?
- Succeeded or failed?
- Ownership (privacy, anonymizing)
- Measures for success of failure
- What is the model to get the thing rolling FTEs?
- Should resources be pulled from different institutions? Hard
- Maybe main institution commitments and move forward
- What is the big win for the institution?
- Priority of the services
- Are we meeting the needs?
- How to assure connection to need of participation
- Driver is to a bottleneck or how can that be overcome?
- Democratize by simplifying and lower the bar to allow scholar's to jump in
- How to manage the gap between the different spectrum of age/training
- Shaping the message of a service framework? Bringing it to non IT field
- What is the cost/benefit? Adoption, maintenance, etc.
- How to make it relevant, and convey the message of relevancy
- Services become a personal research environment? How to share them
- Privacy and how people can opt in
- Peer review for the process
- Enhance and transform research in humanity should be central (building around that)
- Should that be driven the services?
Potluck social networks
- Big challenge because of the disparity of background/age
- How to bring old traditional resources to the social networking
- Build upon current human networks
- Different lenses for showing different models
- Big challenge to slice based on domains and opt in different
- What are this SN tools not doing?
- Access to resources to share across
- Getting the results instead of accessing the whole thing
- Human networks to avoid connotations of social networks
- How to control access, sharing, and propagation?
- Need to identify the concerns of the scholars? Reputation management? Image building? Stolen IDs?
- Network of repository/contents instead of persons?
- How professional societies play in this
- How can we expand on what is available and make it universally accessible?
- How is the scholarly practice attached to a service and what is the method of service selection been conducted?
- What concerns do researchers have about committing to social network activity?
- What is the relationship between the scholar and scholarship in as social/human network?