This wiki space contains archival documentation of Project Bamboo, April 2008 - March 2013.
- CS - needs lots; looks in and out
- Release several workspaces -- talk to:
- Small number collections -- talk to:
- Services on BSP
- Connection to other communities of future
- More $
- More money for Phase 2: Need sufficient output PRIOR and data cannot be the full scope, practically speaking.
- Collections Choices
- Question local collections still out
- Ecosystem Architecture Diagram
- Roles and responsibilities
- Audience stories regarding what we are offering/benefits
- Need to be clear about functionality overlap
- "right-sizing" the project
- Level interchange IT/Library/Scholars increased
- Awareness and connection to similar projects increased among humanities scholars
- Impact on both humanities audiences
- Deep digital
- "Rank and file"
1. Principle of scale and aggregation
2. Principle highly curated
3. Principle collection whre we can apply tools we have already / about to have.
4. Scholars will help us -- use the Bamboo stuff
5. Appeals to large community of scholars
6. Principle of differentiation (if Hathi vs./Google Books) AND collection which don't have those tools, but offer ones.
7. Principle of access
8. Under control of a Bamboo institution
9. Reciprocity - especially international
10. Fedora - high impact idea
Success/Report Out - Thursday AM
- Demonstrate end-to-end use of B Eco via Workspace
- Tool Builders
- WS capacity to involve tools, not to build tools BUT success depends upon tools being available.
- Need to demo tools operating within WS
- Which tools?
- Where are they from?
- Need to demonstrate tools
- Use cases provide answer to challenging question
- Pilot user needs
- Identify relevant use cases
- Proposal: principles for selection of tools
: principles for where tools should live within Bamboo ecosystem
- Abstract core services to platform e.g., authentication
*- Timeline required for the connectors using CMIS *
*- Where do the connector services sit? *
- Standards Profile will be firmed up
- Success not equal to collections bowing to that profile
- Collection metadata generation
2. Later automatically
- Longer term - Operations
- e.g., if tools need TEI in X format, can morph it to that format (e.g. TEI)
- Works with well distributed repository e.g., Fedora
- Prep for Phase 2 roadmap/proposal - bring services to Hathi
*- TSR: What format needed for input? *
- Prefer RDF
* Formalize connection with Hathi ASAP
- We need well designed UI layer to be useful to scholars
- "Tools" without interfaces are "services"
- Needs good "help" doc/user guide
- Can a tool be used by a scholar within the Bamboo ecosystem without using a Work Space?
- Yes -- we provide an API through which someone can integrate the service/capability to another environment.