Progress and Demonstrators
- Posted some papers to wiki, including "Our Cultural Commonweath" (ACLS) - lots of language that resonates with faculty
- Looking at the elevated pitch, how to get faculty and administrators to support this?
- What are faculty and university needs, how do we support that?
- Concerns: need more clarity, concrete rational for long-term support
- Don't end arguments for continuing, as long as we keep seeing traction
- Proposition values of Bamboo: why Bamboo, how will it tie into other things, can begin to help build skeletal structure and answer questions as we go, but as a sub-group we hope to evaluate the
- Need a "commitment roadmap" - administrators want to see how much it'll cost, what it'll look like
- One other suggestion from faculty member: possibly having the PIs from the team and others contact each provosts/chancellors and thank them for their continued support
- We've done some ground-up stuff, but how about the other way?
Report: Proposal and Moving Forward
Discuss charter and scope in reference to proposal. How does the proposal outline impact the scope of this direction? Do the priorities of this direction change given the proposal outline? Is anything in this direction getting lost or overlooked given the proposal outline?
3-year plan: Where is the low hanging fruit? What are the most important priorities for each of the three years?
Workplan through Proposal Submission: What are the primary elements of this direction that belong in the proposal? What is the path toward fleshing out the elements?
- Discussion three working groups had might have driven you towards one of the two needs more than the other
- Driving towards the value-add, but also articulate and pinpoint services and tools
- These pull against each other
- Neither of those aims are particularly desirous of stories that don't end well
- We want failure stories as well as success
- Are gaps a form of failure? Where could technology have saved the day or improved the situation?
- CJK: Gaps are okay, they create opportunities for individual projects in areas of specialization to solve particular problems, rather than PB having to understand something that's discipline-focused