The Scholarly Narratives, Shared Services, and Tools & Content Partners groups met jointly to discuss moving forward
Report: Moving Forward
3-year plan: Where is the low hanging fruit? What are the most important priorities for each of the three years?
Workplan through Proposal Submission: What are the primary elements of this direction that belong in the proposal? What is the path toward fleshing out the elements?
- Joint meeting because all three working groups trying to get at same info - how do we get there?
- Try to look at scholarly practice, look at what commonalities are there so we can have a process identifying different "shared services" implementation proposals in W4
- Still trying to get at the activities at W2
- Group discussion said that word "activity" and "narrative" and "recipe" and "shared service" all sound like processes at different levels of specifcity
- Still struggling with the right level of abstraction
- Scholarly narratives = you don't just submit it and that's that, having some sort of iteration there
- Action item out of joint meeting- a term was banned from PB discussions, but I can't tell you what it is
- Jim M: Each group can help each other flesh out their homework -- tools can annotate and elaborate on work in activities, and other connections like that_
- Recipe was mostly aimed at story level, but that's another level of concrete analysis that would helop us iterate in more detail in the stories
- Shared services at the end of its session: needing to somehow define activities around content provision to enable scholarly activities
- Need to do more work together