What should be the qualities of a project in this area?
- Richly nuanced and powerful knowledge base (a metadata activity and not code building)
- One layer doesn't involve any human vetting---anyone in the bamboo community can add things but another layer would require filtering (for example, certain kinds of metadata/documentation is required to add a piece of software.
- This is a metadata project and the content will come from other places within Project Bamboo
- Data structures will be extensible to allow for user input and additions.
What could be done in one year?
- Data model of the content types
- Research what similar systems already exist
What could be done in two years?
- Create a proof of concept demonstrator with one user interface for Services, Content, and Tools and use it to demonstrate what would be needed for Narratives, Recipes, and Activities.
- Further elaboration of the metadata repository and a basic implementation
What may be the dependencies or necessary relationships?
- Need data models from other groups
- Relevant "standards" will be defined by the 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 groups
- The Explore/Plan/Build consortium
To read the full rough notes from the meeting, download http://www.indiana.edu/~eviada/projectbamboo/rough_notes_services_atlas_group_20090417.doc