Scheduled DB Maintenance: January 21st - 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Confluence will be unavailable during this time.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
What should be the qualities of a project in this area?
- It must realize a complete appliance
- It must deliver multiple services
- It must be built on pre-defined open-source software stacks
- It must constrain the number of middleware stacks
- It must constrain the number of operating systems running on the appliance
- It must include at least two sites (to prototype replication)
- It must include three layers (Sandbox, Quality Assurance, Production)
- It must permit "take out" (individual software developer can instantiate a sandbox appliance on her local machine)
- Assumption is that deployment is source code, test mechanisms, & build scripts that live in a code repository
What could be done in one year? What could be done in two years?
- Define range of OS and software stacks supported
- Deploy hosting systems for the appliance at two sites
- Deploy sandbox to production layer at two sites
- Define and implement promotion process that includes all layers (sandbox, qa, prod)
- Scale to multiple sites (>2)
What may be the dependencies or necessary relationships?
- Services come from somewhere in other areas of Bamboo to run on these appliances
- Need to be able to define constraints necessary to provide appliance, that will leave sufficient room for service developers to do their work