Workshop 1 exercises
Kinds of Data
Each workshop followed the format of break-out table discussions combined with group sharing in front of all participants. Each break-out table had a scribe who took detailed notes on the discussion, and for most exercises there was someone taking notes on flipcharts. In some of the workshops, there were also scribes who took notes during the group sharing sessions.
- Scribe notes are viewable on the wiki, and available for download as pdf's.
- Flipchart transcriptions are viewable on the wiki, and available for download as pdf's. Photographs of the flipcharts are also available for viewing.
- Group sharing notes, where available, are viewable on the wiki and can be downloaded as pdf's.
In order to protect the privacy of workshop participants, we have anonymized the data in the following ways:
- All participant names, and most university names, have been removed and replaced by sequences of letters and/or numbers (e.g. A1, Z4). These are only consistent within a single group and exercise - person A1 in Exercise 4, Group 1b - C may not be the same person A1 found elsewhere.
- The table numbers from the workshops have been removed in the scribe notes
- The table numbers from the workshops have been removed in the flipchart transcriptions, but are present in the photographs of the flipcharts.
- In the flipchart transcriptions, the letters and numbers italicized in parentheses, such as (pb1d6-1), refer to photographs of the flipcharts that can be found in the Project Bamboo Flickr photostream. Currently, the most efficient way to find an image is to copy the image name into the photostream search box. Soon we will have the images broken up into sets based on exercise and workshop to make them easier to access.