Introducing "12 things in 12 months"
The big idea is to broaden skills without a huge time commitment, to prime the pump on skills which aren't readily developed at the moment of need, or just to engage technologies we might not otherwise make time for.
Updates and information about 12-things are posted to the appnet mailing list, and to the specific lists and pages below.
December thing: git
Planned future things:
- a change of paradigm...
Previous month's things:
- 2012 November - iOS Development
- 2012 October - BDD
- 2012 September - TDD
- 2012 August - SSL and HTTPS
- 2012 July - Security Contests
- 2012 June - SSB BART Accessibility Web Platform
- 2012 May - UC Berkeley IT Policy
- 2012 April - Opensource Hardware
- 2012 March - Salesforce
- 2012 February - Packet Analysis
- 2012 January - Python
Please mail Devin with additions or to express interest in specific topics.
- Packet Analysis
- dynamic analysis
- static code analysis
- password cracking
- encryption topics
- wireless networking
- network intelligence gathering
- network scanning
- device fingerprinting
- Security Contests
- Unit Testing (Selenium, Watir, Capybara, Cucumber, WebDriver, HttpUnit)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Unit Testing (JUnit, TestNG, RSpec)
- Load Testing (JMeter, The Grinder, LoadRunner, Tsung, ApacheBench)
Philosophy motivated tools:
Cloud Programming Environments/Suites
- Drupal / Pantheon
- Google Apps (for Education)
- VMs (virtual machines, not VMS)
- Calnet Authentication
- SOA, web services...
- Chrome plugins
- Firefox plugins
- Thunderbird plugins
- Visualization tools
- MOOCs, Distance Learning Platforms (e.g. edX, Udacity and Cousera)