Minimum Technical Specifications
|Imagine Module||User Access||Operating System|
|Perceptive Content||Desktop Client||Windows|
|Perceptive Experience||Integrated system such as BFS, Bear Buy, SIS||Windows, Mac|
Supported Browser Versions
Perceptive Content Client and WebNow
Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
Note Windows 10 is only supported on Perceptive Content 7.1.3 and above. As of December 19, 2016 Imagine deploys Perceptive Content 7.1.5
Java. Supported version: Oracle JRE version 1.8.x or 1.7.0_45
Note: If a higher version of JRE 1.8.x or 1.7.x presents an issue, Lexmark will work to support it.
However, there might be some rare cases where a newer version of JRE 1.8.x or 1.7.x is found to be incompatible and must be replaced.
This means the tested java version for Imagenow version 7.1.x is Oracle JRE version 1.8.x or 1.7.0_45. Later release of Java version, JRE 1.8.x and 1.7.x should still be compatible with the released products that are using using Java for Imagenow version 7.1.x.
WebNow requires a high-speed Internet connection capable of 1.5 Mbps download and 384 Kbps upload. 1.5 Mbps upload is recommended when using WebNow to import documents.
Browsers. WebNow supports the following web browsers:
• Internet Explorer 11.x for Windows
• Apple Safari web browser 7.1 or 8 on Mac OS X
• Firefox: As of March 7, 2017 only Firefox 52 ESR (Extended Support Release) will support Java; standard Firefox version 52 will not support Java and therefore will not work with WebNow.
Pop-ups must be allowed from imagineweb.berkeley.edu
Note: As of September 1, 2015 Google Chrome will no longer support Java and therefore cannot be used with WebNow.
Note: Lexmark recommends that users upgrade to the latest patch of the supported browsers. Note that some browsers release automatic updates and some browsers no longer support version numbers.
Browser versions that are updated after users install WebNow are also assumed to work unless otherwise noted.
Note: as of August, 2017 Firefox is no longer supported for webnow.
|Perceptive Experience||Same as for Perceptive Content Client 7.1.5.x (see above).||N/A||Supported products with 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connectivity|
Supported browser versions are listed, however, Lexmark recommends that users upgrade to the latest patch of the supported browsers. Note that some browsers release automatic updates and some browsers no longer support version numbers.
Browser versions that update automatically after users install Perceptive Experience are also assumed to work unless otherwise noted. Contact Lexmark Support if you find browser incompatibility
- In IE
- Select Internet Options, then the Security tab, and click on Sites.
- Add https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu to the list of websites.
- In FireFox
- In the Menu bar select Tools and then Options
- Under Content, click on the Exceptions button for Block pop-up windows
- Add imagineweb.berkeley.edu and Allow
- Close Allowed Sites - Pop-ups
- For Java, add URLs to the Exception Site list To do this:
- If documents cannot be printed directly through the WebNow document viewer, launch the associated application such as Adobe Acrobat or MS Word to print.