Why can’t I open an attachment?
How do I open a .txt document while logged into the Client?
Some Imagine users, e.g. vendors, submit their electronic documents in a .txt format; i.e. only text is included, no logos or drawings are displayed.
To open a .txt document:
1. In Perceptive Content Explorer, run a search to return the document you want to open.
2. Once open, go to the Thumbnails pane and click on the desired page or document.
3. The Client will display the document and its content.
How do I open a .txt document if using BFS?
Some Imagine users, e.g. vendors such as Fisher Scientific, submit their electronic invoice documents in a .txt format; i.e. only text is included in the actual invoice documents, no logos or drawings are displayed.
To open a .txt invoice document:
1. Click on the View Image button on BFS
2. Click on each security warning dialog box appropriately
3. Once the WebNow screen containing the invoice opens, and if WebNow has not displayed the actual document, go to the WebNow menu: View / Toolbars and choose the Navigate option to see the page navigation buttons in the lower left corner as seen in the screen shot below:
4. Click on the right arrow to go to Page 2.
5. Once you are on Page 2 you might see the message "Unable to view file type: TXT”.
6. If this is the case, click on the link: “Click here to view in your web browser”
7. This will open up a separate window or tab for the actual document.
How do I open a Word document in WebNow?
When opening a document in WebNow, the viewer window shows the error:
“Unable to view file type: <extension>”
To open a Word document:
1. Once the WebNow 6 screen containing the document opens up you will see the message "Unable to view file type: docx”.
2. Go to File / Launch Associated Application.
This will open up a separate window or tab for the actual document.
By default, WebNow is able to natively view documents with the following extensions:
Note: For viewing a document in WebNow with an extension not listed above, use the Launch Associated Application option.