Minimum Technical Specifications
|Imagine Module||User Access||Operating System|
|Perceptive Content||Desktop Client||Windows|
|Perceptive Experience||Integrated system such as BFS, Bear Buy, SIS||Windows, Mac|
Supported Browser Versions
Perceptive Content Client and WebNow
Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
Note Windows 10 is only supported on Perceptive Content 7.1.3 and above. As of December 19, 2016 Imagine deploys Perceptive Content 7.1.5
Java. Supported version: Oracle JRE version 1.8.0_144
However, there might be some rare cases where a newer version of JRE 1.8.x is found to be incompatible and must be replaced.
This means the tested java version for Imagenow version 7.1.x is Oracle JRE version 1.8.0_144
WebNow requires a high-speed Internet connection capable of 1.5 Mbps download and 384 Kbps upload. 1.5 Mbps upload is recommended when using WebNow to import documents.
Browsers. WebNow supports the following web browsers:
• Internet Explorer 11.x for Windows
• Apple Safari web browser 7.1 or 8 on Mac OS X
Pop-ups must be allowed from imagineweb.berkeley.edu
Note: As of September 1, 2015 Google Chrome will no longer support Java and therefore cannot be used with WebNow.
Note: Kofax recommends that users upgrade to the latest patch of the supported browsers. Note that some browsers release automatic updates and some browsers no longer support version numbers.
Browser versions that are updated after users install WebNow are also assumed to work unless otherwise noted.
Note: as of August, 2017 Firefox ESR is no longer supported and therefore cannot be used with webnow.
|Perceptive Experience||Same as for Perceptive Content Client 7.1.5.x (see above).||N/A||Supported products with 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connectivity|
Supported browser versions are listed, however, Kofax recommends that users upgrade to the latest patch of the supported browsers. Note that some browsers release automatic updates and some browsers no longer support version numbers.
Browser versions that update automatically after users install Perceptive Experience are also assumed to work unless otherwise noted. Contact Kofax Support if you find browser incompatibility
Browser Troubleshooting Checklist for WebNow
The following is a troubleshooting checklist for common browser settings for use with WebNow. Some of these may not apply to a particular browser; the list is useful for numerous browsers.
• Clear the cache on your browser
• Allow pop-ups from (make an exception for) imagineweb.berkeley.edu or verify that your pop-up blocker is turned off
• Put https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu in your list of trusted sites. To do this:
- In IE
- Select Internet Options, then the Security tab, and click on Sites.
- Add https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu to the list of websites.
- For Java, add URLs to the Exception Site list To do this:
- Open the Java Console found in System Preferences for a Mac or the Control Panel for a Windows machine
- Choose the Security tab
- Choose Edit Site List
- Choose the Add button and paste https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu/webnow/ in the Exception Site List
- Chrome users should also paste https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu/webnow/webnowapplet.jar into the Exception Site List
- Choose OK
• Use the latest version of Java available at http://www.java.com/en/download/ie_manual.jsp?locale=en unless you use an application that requires an earlier version. Check with your local workstation support staff.
• Test Java on your workstation at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml This may take 15 seconds to test
- If documents cannot be printed directly through the WebNow document viewer, launch the associated application such as Adobe Acrobat or MS Word to print.
Perceptive Content (ImageNow) Toolbar logs
Sometimes it is necessary to obtain the toolbar log files which include information such as when the user logged in, error messages, etc. Reviewing these log files allow the Imagine team to troubleshoot technical issues with Perceptive Content, formerly known as ImageNow. Please review full KB article KB0012079 on this.