Note: A test deployment for PAHMA is also running on darwin (at http://bscit.berkeley.edu/hearst/archon/index.php ) [PAHMA installation deleted Sept 16, 2010.]
- Installed Archon version 2.23 on Monday, November 9, 2009, on darwin.berkeley.edu
- This install was considered by Archon to be an "upgrade" since we used an existing database component from another install, even though none of the php and other related files were on darwin until this install.
- Uses a mysql database on darwin.berkeley.edu: herbaria_archives.
- Php and all other files are in /usr/local/web/ucjeps_web/archon on darwin.
- "Theme" files were copied from a UCJeps computer installation to darwin (these files customize the appearance of the Archon instance).
- When doing next upgrade: 1) backup the mysql database (with mysqldump), 2) backup the archon directory, 3) put the new Archon files where the existing archon directory is, 4) go to the Archon web interface (url listed above); it should prompt for the admin login info and then will prompt for the upgrade
- Archon logs go to the same locations as all UCJeps web site logs: /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/ucjeps-access_log and /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/ucjeps-error_log
- Archon is a php application that runs in a web browser.