Tool & Content Partners 1
Questions that need to be addressed to shape this direction
- "Stuff" - should this be renamed "tools and content" - representative of the things we care about, not just technology?
- Sub-question: commercial partners, license, IP-restricted content - relates to our need to get at stuff
- Tool interoperability; want to specify not only tools and also environments - how well do they play with each other
- Incentives for sharing
- Questions of identity - better managing identities can allow for a variety of research accesses to materials that might otherwise look like threats to those kinds of installations (multiple hits from counting tools on data sets)
- Might be related to, how might we negotiate with owners of collections of archives that are protective of their sources? How might we create a sense of trust for sharing materials?
Related to Bamboo
Out of scope
Top priorities to address by W3 (Jan 2009)